Senior Community Service Employment Program
Senior Community Service Employment Program is designed to provide participants with subsidized, temporary training so that they may gain the skills and experience needed to help them re-establish or develop their work skills and prepare them for permanent, unsubsidized employment.
SCSEP Director: Donna Heller
Job Development Specialist: Sara Williams
Phone: 302-734-1200 ext. 145
- An assessment of your job aptitudes, job readiness, and job preferences.
- An Individualized Employmnet Plan (IEP) that you develop with a Career Counselor, outlining your employment goals.
- Paid on-the-job training in a community service assignment for up to 20 hours per week at minimum wage.
- Referrals for support services such as food programs, housing assistance, and transportation.
- Confidential annual physical exams (not required, but available for free)
- Job search training and resume assistance. The goal of SCSEP is to help, as you train, to find unsubsidized employment and become financially self-sufficient.